- We are making great strides updating the website.
- I want to Welcome Bob Conti to the editing staff.
- I also want thank Dave Hackney and Ed Lupo for all their dedicated effort getting us membership data and photographs.
I recieved this email you may find interesting...
At a recent computer expo (COMDEX) Bill Gates reportedly compared the
computer industry with the auto industry and stated, 'If GM had kept up
with technology like the computer industry has, we would all be driving
$25 cars that got 1,000 miles to the gallon.'
In response to Bill's comments, General Motors issued a press release
If GM had developed technology like Microsoft, we would all be driving
cars with the following characteristics (and I just love this part ):
1. For no reason whatsoever, your car would crash........twice a day.
2. Every time they repainted the lines in the road, you would have to
buy a new car.
3. Occasionally your car would die on the motorway for no reason. You
would have to pull to the side of the road, close all of the windows,
shut off the car, restart it, and reopen the windows before you could
continue. For some reason you would simply accept this..
4. Occasionally, executing a maneuver such as a left turn would cause
your car to shut down and refuse to restart, in which case you would
have to reinstall the engine.
5. Macintosh would make a car that was powered by the sun, was reliable,
five times as fast and twice as easy to drive - but would run on only
five per cent of the roads.
6. The oil, water temperature, and alternator warning lights would all
be replaced by a single 'This Car Has Performed An Illegal Operation'
I love the next one!!!
7. The airbag system would ask, 'Are you sure?' before deploying.
8. Occasionally, for no reason whatsoever, your car would lock you out
and refuse to let you in until you simultaneously lifted the door
handle, turned the key and grabbed hold of the radio antenna.
9. Every time a new car was introduced car buyers would have to learn
how to drive all over again because none of the controls would operate
in the same manner as the old car.
10. You'd have to press the 'Start' button to turn the engine off
PS - when all else fails, you could call 'customer service' in some
foreign country and be instructed in some foreign language how to fix
your car yourself!!!!